Funeral Celebrant – my promise to you
The Cherish Pledge
As a trained and responsible Funeral Celebrant, I promise that:
- I will make contact with the deceased’s next of kin as soon as possible and practicable
- I will visit the next of kin at their home (or other location) to discuss the funeral ceremony
- I will make no distinction on grounds of race, colour, creed or sexual orientation
- I will include any religion – or none – in funeral ceremonies
- I will write the ceremony and eulogy in accordance with the family’s wishes and obtain their approval of the draft copy
- I will keep the Funeral Director informed at all stages, and I will supply the Order of Service outline swiftly by e-mail
- I will arrive at the Funeral location a minimum of 30 minutes before the ceremony starts.
- I will check arrangements/music with the Crematorium/Burial Site staff
- I will greet the family as they arrive for the funeral
- I will be guided by the Funeral Directing staff on the day
- I will provide the family with a printed copy of the ceremony
- I will always act in a professional, respectful and compassionate manner, as befits the profession.